Bermuda Conference Church Closure
In line with the leadership of the North American Division (NAD) in response to COVID-19 and the guidelines established by the Bermuda Government on Friday 13th March 2020 regarding public meetings, the Bermuda Conference has proactively adopted the Government’s recommendation to suspend all public gatherings involving more than 50 people for the next four weeks.
With the World Health Organization (WHO) now declaring COVID-19 to be a pandemic, we want to be seen as part of the solution to prevent any possible spread of the virus. In light of this, we will be live-streaming the final presentation of Dr. Alanzo Smith of the Family Enrichment Series this Sabbath 14th March 2020 at 11 a.m. at https://bermudaconference.adventistchurch.org/live-stream.
Some may consider these recommendations extreme, but we must move cautiously as we navigate in these uncertain times. We, therefore, urge all to stay connected through phone calls, texts, emails, social media, etc. and more importantly, to remember each other in prayer.
Lastly, we encourage continuous care to be taken by following the simple health care guidelines
provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. These include:
1. Careful washing of your hands with soap and water; and using sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol when washing hands is not possible.
2. Covering of your mouth and nose while coughing and sneezing. If you don’t have tissue paper available, then utilize your arm or sleeve to cover your mouth and nose.
3. Maintain a safe distance from others; and avoid shaking hands, giving hugs, etc.
4. Sanitize your living and work areas daily.
5. Stay at home if you are sick.
6. Seek medical treatment if you have any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19.
Be blessed. Stay safe. May God continue to watch over us.
(Signed by the administrators of the Bermuda Conference of Seventh-day Adventists)